10:30 AM - Worship Service & Religious Education
You will be welcomed at our entrance by our Greeters, who can assist you in making a name tag, finding the coat rack and restrooms as well as directing you to our sanctuary and children's religious education classrooms. Children begin in the sanctuary most Sundays and are invited to religious education classes early in the service. You may accompany your children upstairs at that time, if desired.
At the entrance to our sanctuary, ushers hand out our Order of Service, which also come in large type. Our ushers can help you find a seat and access our assisted-listening devices. At the back of the sanctuary on the far side is our Comfort Room, for those with small children who want to hear and see the service while the children play. Childcare is also provided upstairs on our Religious Education level.
On most Sundays, our regular service consists of
- Conviviality & centering
- Welcome & announcements
- Chalice lighting & opening words
- Choral Call To Worship & our covenant
- Opening hymn
- Children are invited to religious education with a special song
- Closing hymn
- Extinguishing the chalice, benediction, closing words
- Closing song during which we join hands in a web of connection
- Then we go downstairs for coffee and conversation!
- "Milestones," an opportunity to share our personal joys and concerns
- Social & Environmental Justice offerings,
- Children's Worship, when the children go straight upstairs to attend a service just for them as part of the Religious Education Program
- Food blessing Sunday, a special offering for local food banks
- Guest speakers--about once a month.
Coffee Hour / Welcome Table
After our regular service, exit the
main sanctuary and go down the stairs (or take the elevator) to our
social hall for coffee, refreshments and conversation. If you have questions about our fellowship or Unitarian Universalism, stop by our Welcome Table. You will also find our Social & Environmental Justice Committee selling fair trade coffee and chocolates. On occasion other BUF groups will have informational tables during coffee hour.
After Service Brunch
Watch the calendar for this event, usually on alternating Sundays. Everyone is welcome to meet at Hearthfire Grill for brunch to enjoy relaxed conversation. Hearthfire Grill is a beautiful cafe on the harbor near BUF with a reasonably priced delicious brunch menu. Meet Charlotte Gazak in the back of the sanctuary after the service ends if you wish to join us.
Continue to our Music Program >>